“Footy Food - All the Nutritional Facts in Black and White”, by Lorna Garden, Sports Dietician and Nutritionist, Collingwood Football Club. Published 1993 (though it looks like 1983: the hair, the shorts!).
- Training techniques
- Building the Perfect Body
- Pregame Preparation: what to eat in the 48 hours prior to a game
- After the Siren Sounds: throw away the pies and beer cans and discover what real footballers eat after the game!
- Footy food for footy fans - what can supporters eat to maximise their performance?
- Footy Food of Yesteryear: Alby Pannam (1935-1945): “Players in this era were not allowed liquids during training or games as this was considered a sign of weakness. At 3/4 time Alby had a nip of whisky to keep him going. After the match the first fluid on hand was beer…”
Footy Food, a set on Flickr.